Mexico 2019, Day #5 - Shopping in Tonala, Canadian Embassy, and Back to La Penita


Thursday, March 7, 2019

We had an early start this day too because it is a 3 hour drive from Guanajuato to Guadalajara where my mom needed to go to the Canadian consulate. She was told to be there for 10AM. 


We stopped for breakfast at a restaurant on the side of the highway about an hour and a half from Guanajuato. They had big vats of meat cooking outside when we pulled up. The ladies and Salvador ordered this giant plate of pork and had pork tacos for breakfast. I had eggs and beans.




Cheryl, Christine, and I got dropped off in Tonala to do some shopping while the others went to the consulate. It wasn't necessary for all of us to go and they probably wouldn't have let all of us in there. They didn't even let Salvador in because he forgot his ID at a store in Guanajuato.

This seat was so hot, almost burned my butt lol.

We got some shaved ice that had fresh fruit syrups on it. I got vanilla and strawberry.

For some reason our selfie got corrupted but I still like the picture lol.

We were reminiscing about the masks at Decameron lol. Will have picture when I finally blog about that trip.

We were all shopped out but were waiting to be picked up by the others so we found a taquieria and the ladies had a few beers.

My loot from the Tonala market.

My loot from the Tonala market. She got a bit wrinkled in my suitcase... definitely should have packed it more carefully.

My loot from the Tonala market.


We were getting antsy in the back but Christine and I have a lot of giggle fits lol.






Car selfie!!! Good picture Auntie!

We stopped for dinner in Compostela because we were famished. We ate at this restaurant 2 years ago, last time I was here. That trip will also be blogged eventually!

I was eating my tasty quesadillas and Salvador told me how tired I looked lol. Can you tell we're exhausted?

We got home around 9PM and were spent. We hung out on the roof for a drink or two and then went to bed. Next up, a day of relaxation and a fancy dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mexico 2018 - Cardboard Kelsey

Welcome to my travel blog!!

New Zealand, Day #1 - Arrival, Long Bay Beach, Muriwai Beach

New Zealand, Day #2 - Cathedral Cove, Whitianga, Hahei, Boom Sailing