Mexico 2019, Day #6 - My 'Last Day' - Rooftop Tanning and Fancy Dinner


Friday, March 8, 2019

Today was what I thought was my last day in Mexico but more on that later. Mom and Lorna had to go to Puerto Vallarta for mom's passport problem because the lady in Guadalajara was horrible. She kept saying 'if' they issue the travel document, as if it was unlikely that they would. And had they issued it in Guadalajara, my mom would have had to pick it up from there. So she would have had to either spend the night there and come back on Saturday morning or drive back. Neither option was ideal.

So the other ladies and I slept in a bit after the last few eventful days. I made them breakfast after we had some coffee on the rooftop patio. We spent the rest of the day soaking up the sun and relaxing with our books or chatting.


















I had mentioned to Salvador when we were in Guanajuato that I wanted to go out dancing on my last night in Mexico. He said we'd go out so us ladies got all dolled up. He was running a bit behind so we went venturing for a place to eat. 2 blocks away from our condo we stumbled across Casa Rosetta, which she explained as modern Mexican. Cheryl was intrigued.

They had live music too and he. was. incredible. His name is Jxonas, check out his facebook page because he was absolutely wonderful. Even the kitchen staff were coming out to watch him when they were done everyone's orders.



My vegetarian meal - zucchini 'noodles' with corn and a tomato sauce. It was wonderful.

And churros for dessert.

Salvador and friends were waiting for us at the condo when we finished eating and we ended up just having a quick visit because it was so late. His brother was cold so he was using my sunburn as a heat source lol. He ended up taking me to a bar to watch some live music. I was disappointed I didn't get to go dancing but it was still a really nice evening regardless.


There were 3 people taking our picture... it was like the paparazzi. Hence the awkwardness and looking in different directions haha.

When I got home at 3AM the ladies were actually still awake and they had drank quite a bit of wine. We visited for a bit before calling it a night. It was a nice way to finish off my trip with them ❤

Up next - to the airport and cancelled flights...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mexico 2018 - Cardboard Kelsey

Welcome to my travel blog!!

New Zealand, Day #1 - Arrival, Long Bay Beach, Muriwai Beach

Mexico 2019, Day #1 - La Penita