Mexico 2019, Day #7 - Heading home... or not


Saturday, March 9, 2019... and Sunday, March 10, 2019

I got up around 8:30 I think. I had already packed the night before but I hate rushing and I wanted to be able to enjoy the rooftop patio a bit for having to leave. Ricardo helped me arrange a taxi to the airport in Puerto Vallarta. Since we didn't do the all inclusive we had to manage our own transportation.

My mom made me a quick breakfast which I ate on the roof with the other ladies and the cab driver picked me up at 10:45AM. He only spoke a few words of English but I've been learning Spanish and it was fun testing it out. We had a nice chat on the hour+ drive into PV. He showed me pictures of his family and told me about his dogs. He also showed me pictures of an excursion he did with my friend Salvador.





I was standing in line to check my luggage and get my boarding pass but got told to come back later because they were only doing for Toronto. So I lugged my crap to the only restaurant downstairs and got a healthy snack because I definitely wasn't eating properly this whole time lol. It wasn't horrible but definitely not enough fruit and vegetables. As I was waiting I got a text that my flight was delayed by an hour and 20 minutes. While I was standing in line to check my luggage I got another alert that it was delayed another 30 minutes.


I was enjoying my Starbucks before heading through security when I got a notification that my flight was cancelled. Panic started setting in and I video called my aunt to find out what I should do. She told me to go back to the check in counter and they'll tell me what to do.

They told us they were putting us in an all inclusive resort for the night because the flight wasn't going to be ready until the next morning. It was a beautiful resort, Paradise Village in Puerto Vallarta. It's a good thing I've traveled by myself a few times because otherwise I would have been freaking out a bit more than I was. I traveled to Cuba and Maui alone. Cuba wasn't bad because it was a direct flight but Maui was a bit more of an experience because I had connecting flights both ways. Mom was originally supposed to be with me but since she lost her passport she had to stay until Wednesday.

I was wandering around looking for the buffet but had to take a picture of the beautiful skylight.

My dinner view. I had a lovely date by myself.

A giant salad because I was craving veggies BAD at this point.

These potatoes au gratin were amazeballs. All of the food was great actually, but the best potatoes au gratin I've ever had.






After I stuffed my face I headed back to my room. They must have thought my mom was still with me because they gave me a 2 bed, 2 bath suite. Like kitchenette and everything. I had a lovely shower that was much needed because I didn't get a chance to the evening before. I thought about checking the rest of the place out but my sense of direction is horrible and I hate wandering around alone so I opted to hang out on the giant patio of my suite with my bluetooth speaker and my sudoku book. I called it a night around 11 and set my alarm extra early because the time change was happening over night. My phone showed home time and local time but I wasn't sure which one the alarm was going to work for and the shuttle was picking us up at 9AM so I wanted to have enough time to get ready and have breakfast. Turns out it sets the alarm for local time lol. I was awake at 6AM but reset it for another hour.

Now, as much of a pain as it was to get home 12 hours later than planned I was supposed to have a 12 hour layover in Calgary overnight from 9PM to 9AM. I much preferred this option but it sucked being alone. My bishes would have come to visit me if they had a car or there was a car rental place. It was $800-$1000 pesos for the cab ride, one way.

Breakfast views!! 😍






Up next are an obnoxious amount of pictures from the airplane but I love them... if you can't tell...










Mom's boyfriend Gerry picked me up at 11PM and we dropped my crap off at home before going out to their place to get my kitties and my car. It was a late night, I crawled into bed around 1:30AM and had to work at 8AM. Good thing I live super close to work so I slept in until after 7AM lol.

So that concludes my Mexico 2019 trip. It was a blast as it always is with this group of amazing women. We gel together so well and I love that I can travel with my mom and aunt like this. It makes for some amazing memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mexico 2018 - Cardboard Kelsey

Welcome to my travel blog!!

New Zealand, Day #1 - Arrival, Long Bay Beach, Muriwai Beach

Mexico 2019, Day #1 - La Penita