New Zealand, Day #3 - Christchurch, Tekapo


Tuesday, February 20, 2018:
We flew into Christchurch around 10AM to a cold and rainy climate. We picked up our rental car and drove 'downtown' to grab some brunch before the drive to Tekapo.

We stopped at Black Betty Cafe for coffee and food. The also had sparkly macarons, and when there are sparkles involved with food you say yes, even if it is breakfast time.




I had poached eggs with mushrooms and toast. It was pretty tasty but it wasn't Stella's <3


They had these glass display tables with different currency notes and coins. It was pretty cool.

We decided to stop at Macpac since we were going hiking and it was raining. Tarun needed a better rain jacket than the wind breaker he packed and us girls also did some shopping. They were having a sale so I ended up getting a better rain jacket than my wind breaker and a cozy, fuzzy sweater for $160 off!

We have to calculate in time spent on stopping for pictures when we enter into Google Maps lol.


I've never seen so many sheep in my life. Unless I go back I probably will not see this many sheep for the rest of my life.






We checked into our hostel in Tekapo and grabbed some dindin at The Tin Plate. The fish and chips were decent but the pizza and curry weren't anything special.

After dinner we walked around the shops and took a drive to the Good Shepherd Church. It was walking distance on a normal day but because it was so crappy out we decided to drive.






I had two pictures to choose from: one was Nisha looking at something in her pocket and the other was me with my eyes half closed. So the obvious choice was this one.


Our expensive shitty umbrellas.










This poor kitty got kicked out of the church as we were walking up to it. He kept meowing and was dripping wet. I actually joined the Tekapo Community Facebook page to see if this was someone's missing cat. Apparently he hangs out at the church often and knows where his home is. I still felt bad for the little guy because he was soaked.

We called it an early night as we had to be up at 6AM to make our way to Milford Sound. Next post coming soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mexico 2018 - Cardboard Kelsey

Welcome to my travel blog!!

New Zealand, Day #1 - Arrival, Long Bay Beach, Muriwai Beach

Mexico 2019, Day #1 - La Penita